Week Two
Hi Everyone,
Last week was Invisible Illness Awareness Week. I was a little slow about participating just because last week was a difficult week for me. However, I did finally post my answers to a really great meme at my main blog, Olive Plants. Click over if you are interested in reading my responses.
I had to get things in order this week for monthly blood work. Here is something no one ever wants to see.
Last week was Invisible Illness Awareness Week. I was a little slow about participating just because last week was a difficult week for me. However, I did finally post my answers to a really great meme at my main blog, Olive Plants. Click over if you are interested in reading my responses.
I had to get things in order this week for monthly blood work. Here is something no one ever wants to see.
Sorry it's kind of blurry.
That says, "High Risk Medicine."
It's really hard to put something in your body which carries that label. At the same time, it is really hard living with lupus. I've read enough about this med that I believe it is worth the risk. Still, it is hard to swallow those four little pills each Friday.
This week please pray for the following:
- I'm not sleeping well. I have had a pins-and-needles sensation all over my body. It has agitated my RLS at night, making sleeping even more difficult than usual.
- I will have my 1st blood work done in 2 weeks. Pray that everything will be good and that treatment can continue.
- I'm a bit emotional right now. Some of it is just that I don't feel so great. Some of it is that I want to press pause on life, but I can't. Life doesn't stop just because you're sick. Some of it is because of the love and support I'm receiving. I know I'm cared for and it makes me want to cry. Some of it is that I'm weak and vulnerable right now. Pray that I'll utilize the full armor of God. And some of it is just the anticipation of what this med will do to me verses for me. I'm anxious.
- Ask the Lord to give me strength and extra measures of grace to homeschool. There were some challenging bits this past week. I know not feeling well made the challenges seem more daunting than they really were.
- As always, pray for the success of this treatment. It's probably going to be a life-long thing for me, but I really hope to see improvements in the next couple months.
Although I'm anxious about some things, I'm also very thankful for many things.
I am really thankful for all the people in my life who are so supportive! I love you all.
I'm thankful for my homeschool co-op which is a bright spot in my week and is really helping me to continue to homeschool right now. I have a lot of responsibility because of co-op, but it also takes some things off my plate (things that I find particularly challenging) and gives my boys accountability that they need with Mom not at her best.
I am also very thankful for Michael who continues to love me as Christ loves the Church. Today, I told someone a little of what he has done for me over the years, and it brought her to tears. I'm so thankful to have a husband who loves me so.
I am thankful I have a loving Heavenly Father who continues to bless me beyond measure.
Thanks for praying. I'll check back in asap to let you know how this week's dose did me.
Dawn

Comments
Post a Comment